Want to find out about Orient’s Historic District? Looking for detailed information about a specific property? Look no further than New York State’s Cultural Resource Information System: https://cris.parks.ny.gov
Only properties on the Southold Landmarks List are subject to review by the Historic Preservation Commission
Here’s how to navigate:
- Go to the CRIS website: https://cris.parks.ny.gov
- Agree to the “Disclaimer”
- Click on “Proceed as Guest”
- Click on “Search” at the top of the page
- Click on the “Spatial” tab
- Using “Option B” type in the address you’re interested in and click “Search”
- A map containing the address you searched for appears
- Click on a property and click “View” to see the details of that property
- Click on the yellow and black boxes and then click on “inventory form” (upper right) to see photos and history
Review the slideshow below to see these steps graphically.
Proceed As Guest
Search for an Address
Get Details About a Property
View Property Details
Southold Town also maintains a list of Historic addresses: http://southoldtownny.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6073/HT_Registry-101817?bidId=
On Monday Oct. 17, 2022 the Orient Association hosted a Zoom Information Session so that the community can learn more about PFAS contaminants and the Water Quality survey that is being performed by the Suffolk County Department of Health Services (SCDHS). Jason Hime,...
- Greg Doroski- Town Board Member and Liaison to the Deer Management Task Force
- Craig Jobes- Southold Town Environmental Analyst in charge of the hunting program and de facto member of the Deer Management Task Force
- Arnold Blair- Nassau Point Property Owners Association Deer Committee and member of the Town Deer Management Task Force.