The vision of the Southold Historic Preservation Commission is to ensure that the town’s essential character and historical significance are maintained through the preservation of its 17th, 18th, 19th and early 20th century architectural, historic and cultural treasures.
The mission of the Southold Historic Preservation Commission is to afford proper recognition to the town’s historic landmarks and to protect them from incompatible alterations or demolition. Doing so will maintain them for the continuing recognition, use, and enjoyment of current and future residents and visitors of the town.
The commission will meet these objectives by:
- Emphasizing as a statement of local policy that the conservation, protection, enhancement, and preservation of local designated landmarks is necessary to promote the cultural, economic, educational, and general welfare of the town’s residents
- Encouraging the identification and recognition of historic resources which represent distinctive elements of the town’s historic, architectural, and cultural heritage
- Providing for the careful, thoughtful and informed evaluation of any proposed alteration, demolition, or removal of the visible facades of any designated local historic landmark
- Promoting heritage tourism
- Commission Handbook
- Historic Preservation Informational Poster
- Historic Preservation Q&A
- Recommended Window Manufacturers
- Preservation Application
- Town Preservation Code – Chapter 170
- February 16, 2021- Community Zoom Program/ Code Change Proposal
Meeting agendas and minutes can be obtained using our document management porthole in a folder called committees.
- Greg Doroski- Town Board Member and Liaison to the Deer Management Task Force
- Craig Jobes- Southold Town Environmental Analyst in charge of the hunting program and de facto member of the Deer Management Task Force
- Arnold Blair- Nassau Point Property Owners Association Deer Committee and member of the Town Deer Management Task Force.
- Ground water quantity
- Ground water quality
- Surface water health